Maine, unlike many states, has been licensing its guides for more than 100 years and today is known to have the most rigorous standards in the profession.
Our guides understand that guiding is more than catching fish or shooting game. A great day in the field is defined by camaraderie, conversation and quiet woods skills that may go unnoticed. It is defined by local knowledge, natural history, biology and conservation. Our registered Maine guides strive to make your day in the field one that you will remember into the future and one that will stand out amongst all other guided days you might have had in the past.
Our Registered Maine guides work year-round mastering their craft. Finding coverts and hiking ridges in search of our big white tails.
Our Maine hunts are just that – hunts. We do not drive logging roads looking for game. We hunt them where they live, in the spirit of fair chase. Our deer and moose hunts are well scouted and are in the back country by canoe or foot. Our goal is to give the quality of the hunt the highest priority.
Registered Maine guides are not required for you to hunt or fish in Maine, however, we highly recommend one so that you maximize your time in the field.
Why Hire a Guide?
The guide is your insurance policy that will get you the most out of your outdoor experience. We operate in a vast wilderness, over 3.5 million acres of woodland with more than 10,000 miles of gravel road. No gas stations, food service and very limited cell phone service. The smallest problem can ruin a great trip in the North Maine Woods.
Knowledgeable, patient and friendly guides who go the extra step to insure our guests have a quality and authentic Maine experience.
Our extensive list of repeat customers call it a family vacation because we treat them like family.
Bird Hunting Guide
- $330/day (1 or 2 people) No Dogs provided.
- $440/day (1 or 2 people) with excellent dogs to hunt over. BOOK EARLY!
- We offer several different Maine Deer Hunting Packages from VIP Trophy Hunts to Non Guided Lodging only packages. For a full list of options visit our Maine Deer Hunting Page.
- We offer several different Moose Hunting Packages from VIP Trophy Hunts to Non Guided Lodging only in Zones 1, 2, 4, 5 and 6. For a full list of options visit our Moose Hunting page at: Maine Moose Hunting at Chandler Lake Camps and Lodge.
* The Above rates are for Professional Guide Services ONLY. They DO NOT reflect the additional daily rate of $220 pp for meals and lodging.
** Guide Fees and Gratuities are paid directly to the Guide via Cash or Check. Our Guides are State Registered Professionals that will work their very hardest to show you a trip of a lifetime. Gratuities are very much appreciated.
* Due to the inflationary nature of our economy these rates may change at any time.