1. What do your lodging prices include?
Our inclusive rates include Lodging, 3 meals per day, linens, and use of canoes, kayaks, boats and motors.
Lodge and staff gratuity: People often ask what the appropriate gratuity is for service at a ‘Sporting Camp’. We truly wish for you to be happy and have an experience like none other and we work tirelessly to make that happen. With that in mind the gratuity rates should be commensurate with service the same as a restaurant or other such venue.
3. Will our cabin have electricity?
- Yes! Electricity is provided by high output diesel generator from early morning till approximately 10pm. Electricity available at night for your cabin lights via battery backup.
* CPAP / BIPAP Users :
– At Chandler Lake Camps electricity is available at night for your medical device / cpap / bipap in your cabin.
4. Will I have private bath facilities?
– At Chandler Lake Camps each cabin has a private bathroom with shower.
5. What are the Check in / Check out times?
- We welcome your arrival after lunchtime and preferably before dinner. Departure is expected before lunchtime. Dinner on your arrival day and breakfast on departure is included in your lodging rate.
6. What should I bring?
- We provide all the conveniences of home, you only need to pack your clothing, sporting gear and personal items. Fishermen and hunters usually provide the essentials. Special Equipment is available upon request at no additional charge. We don’t have a liquor license, guests are welcome to BYOB.
- Hunting / Fishing License: non-resident hunting and fishing licenses can be purchased at most sporting goods stores in Maine. (Kittery Trading Post, LL Bean, and at other local stores) For license information, you can visit the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife website at www.state.me.us/ifw Or call (207) 287-8000.
NOTE: You must have a copy of an old hunting license (from any state) or proof you have taken a Certified Hunter’s Safety Course in order to buy a Maine Hunting license.
7. Do you have internet access?
- For our guests requiring access to email we do offer reliable internet service via satellite for email, etc.
* We do not support/provide streaming broadband access.
8. Emergencies and Phone Service
We have 24 hour phone service at Chandler Lake Camps and Lodge. Personal cell phones may work at or near the facility. We follow road safety and water safety standards and our staff is first aid and CPR certified.
9. What type of vehicle should I be driving?
Chandler Lake Camps and Lodge is located within the Maine (North Maine Woods Inc.) managed lands. Approx. 3.5 million acres of working forest.
The roads are gravel, an Suv or 4wd is not required. A car with GOOD tires will be fine to access our lodges. Drive slow, keep to the right and try to avoid large rocks.
For people or groups that are self guided, we would recommend an Suv or 4wd vehicle. Some of our best lakes, rivers, ponds and hunting areas will require some travel. Our roads are tough on tires and we equip our vehicles with only 10 ply models. Make certain you have good tires and a quality spare before you arrive.
* Another good reason to hire a guide, he supplies all equipment, vehicle etc. Let him/her worry about the tires.
We can be reached via
- Phone: (207)731-8938
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. Mail: P.O. BOX 27, Ashland, Maine 04732